Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Things can only get better. Oh, they just did!

We just got back from a rather wonderful Bodega on a back street in uptown Castro Urdiales where we hit Hora Filiz, happy hour, where two for one was inflicted upon us, double helpings of a superb tortilla washed down with a double dose of local beer plus the extra one that was not required by it's intended recipient. Not knowing of this custom meant that orders given were acted upon and a hearty meal was had by all. The eventual bill was less than €10 and we left both replete and joyful.

Upon our return to the suite a shower was insisted upon so I took the opportunity to avail myself of the XL pressed white bath robe. I've seen these in films where they always seem to fit the actor beautifully. The XL, however, is barely sufficient in width to cover diameter of the person in need of the preservation of dignity but if one sits just so it does it's job and is very smart.

Imagine my surprise, then, when it was found to include a pair of beautifully embroidered slippers as well. I was staggered and if I wear them much longer I'll spend tomorrow staggering too, but attired in an embroidered white robe with matching slippers reclining on one corner of the vast balcony with a glass of red I have to confess that all is well with the world.

Glancing over my left shoulder I note that the telly is on and even from about 40' away still manages to impose although one couldn't say it looked out of place.

If this is how some live I can only say that they don't know how good they've got it. Yesterday an outside double cabin, today a penthouse suite.

Tomorrow, Bilbao, by bus.
At this rate you never know, a limo may arrive to take us!



No comments: