Sunday, February 08, 2015

Flashing blades, lasers and an optimist, or two....

An incomplete Sunday, not a bad one, though.

I had breakfast on the balcony and watched carefully but she didn't show up.
I drank my freshly squeezed orange on the balcony and watched carefully, camera ready but she didn't show up.
I had my morning coffees on the balcony and watched carefully but she didn't show up.
We paddled the whole length of the beach and back but the surfer dudette didn't show up.

She must have been aware that there was more surf this Sunday than on any of the others that she's been here for as this photo proves. It might not be much but it looks good.

However, it was a no show and it may have been my fault as I must confess that in view of the deserted seafront and glorious sunshine I was taking breakfast in my boxers before the fact was pointed out to me causing a most undignified rush for the shorts.

However, the paddle was undertaken by the pair of us along the whole length of a pretty much deserted beach. The return leg was shared by a few anglers, kids and adults, a very serious looking hiker lady and one or two joggers who were obviously late.

It was so quiet that as we approached Club Nautic the only noise heard above the gently moving surf  and sand was the high pitched babble emanating from excited and enthusiastic youngsters in lasers, kayaks and optimists.
Exactly as it ought to be.
I do hope that they realise what they've got here.
We still have to keep reminding ourselves that it is February. 

This time next week the shorts will be in their drawer and unlikely to see the light of day till May, or June. Can't complain, I suppose.

Bet I will, though.




No comments: