Thursday, January 12, 2017

Empathy. It's the jeans

As the glass of red was being savoured on the balcony last night a video call from home brought even more delight to crown a delightful day. The weather was mentioned and after the call I watched the BBC forecast.

This morning dawned beautifully, I assume, because by the time I was awake it showed all the signs of being a glorious Mediterranean day. So glorious, in fact that I ventured onto the balcony to soak up some rays in the boxers, not a pretty picture but I had the camera and I don't do selfies besides, five storeys up I felt pretty safe. It couldn't last and I was encouraged to get sorted as 1000 was the time to catch the bus.

We were off to Mdina to walk the walls again. Wonderful city. Successfully built to last. Prior to departure I was sorely tempted to don the shorts. It was a difficult decision but I felt that as the weather to the north was so bad I would wear jeans in solidarity with those enduring it.

I should have worn the shorts.

A simply stunningly sunny corner of a very old fortified city, so swamped with humanity in summer but almost empty at this time of year.

Tomorrow, Marsaxlokk, sea, boats and (hopefully) shorts.
The sun directs the last of today's rays onto our balcony

No comments: