Saturday, February 01, 2014

A taste of what lies ahead?

A new month and it's like we've opened the balcony doors to another place.
A multitude of (very, very good) kite surfers exhibit their skills.
All the pavement cafes below us with one (small) exception are now open, including El Guitarra, the best of all pavement cafe bars.*
There is warmth but not an excess of it.
There is wind and when it gusts there is an excess of that.
There is sun but currently a mile or so offshore which is why I'm here typing having brought my drink and cold Spanish omelette indoors.
There are people in numbers greater than can be counted on one set of hands and feet.
However, the unacceptable noise of summer has arrived.
A pair of jet skiers plough their way up the shore, then down the shore, then up the shore again before . . . . you get the idea.
No doubt they are impressed with themselves as from my vantage point and watching the reaction of the strolling public they have yet to impress anyone else with whatever skill it takes to ride a jet ski one way, then another ad infinitum. Which, actually, is not a lot. I speak from experience here as I once got quite good on a jet ski only getting bored after half an hour or so and then getting purposefully capsized by the jet ski owner as I had failed to do so out of incompetence. I even got my hat wet.
What must it be like in summer?
I can only guess as I won't be here to find out.

*El Guitarra, finest pavement restaurante within wifi distance of us and it's thanks to their gracious generosity that this post as well as previous ones are posted. Indeed, before we return we will dine there and intend to leave a tip, too as the offer of recompense for their bandwidth was declined.
Such generosity, we are grateful.

No comments: