Thursday, February 06, 2014

The bags are packed we're ready to go.

Albeit with something we could describe as a singular lack of enthusiasm and maybe just a little sadness. Howver, my ovewhelming emotion is one of gratitude for having had this experience. Now.

Emails this morning are all about the results of the weather. I am sitting on a balcony overlooking a palm fringed beach as drinkers and eaters idle their way through the cafe's offerings below.

It's 1130 local and I have been aware of the video clips of wind, rain and mayhem. I watched on the iPad out of the corner of an eye as I was really drinking in our last few moments of sun, sea, sand, palms, windless cloudless well over 20C weather. Even the surf is gently putting sand back from where it was taken last week.

This is a most gloriuos day and in an hour we'll be in a carriage heading slowly south and tomorrow we'll be blown home to all that awaits. I'm advised that it'll be best to carry the raincoats as we may need them when we land tomorrow. Rain? Cold wind? Grey skies? If it wasn't for that iPad I could easily have forgotten all about those.

Someone close has just looked on the laptop and noted that this apartment is not yet booked up until April .....

If the hotel we are overnighting at has free wifi that could be a temptation, although we probably need to get back even if it's just to stop blog writing.

This has been a wonderful place to stay and having to go is more of an ordeal than I expected, even the lady on the balcony next door asked if we'd be back el año que viene.

Si.

Deo Volente.

Now 1150 local.
The view from the balcony, where I've spent many, many hours!



No comments: