Monday, January 25, 2016

Sunday Service

Well, part of Friday, all Saturday and Sunday was spent in service of one who is never, ever ill, or so I've been told a thousand times. Never! Never had a day off ill in my life, ever. At least I'll never ever hear that again.

I done waiting, fetching, sympathising, carrying, listening, shopping, cooking and everything. Not wholly successfully, I'll admit. Being sent out for bread and coming back chuffed because you found cake really doesn't cut it. I said I was sorry and that I had bought the paper she wanted. In fact I guess that every shopping trip has been successful although not at the initial attempt. When bananas were called for I was on the case and within no time at all I'd bought every banana in the shop. Just as well there were only five left.

I cooked bacon and made sandwiches, I fried eggs, I even sliced tomato and all that sort of stuff. Kept her glass of cold water topped up because the Internet said take lots of fluids which I did, albeit from a can, mostly. I moved the heater so it was up close and personal. I wilted under the radiant heat oozing from it's surface, I flagged under the swirling air currents from the monster air con unit on the wall. I got her blankets, I even offered to let her sit where she could see the boats passing.

Saturday I even went to the pharmacy twice and got whatever it was I was meant to get. Silly hours they keep here.

Just as well there was plenty of excitement in the SAvsENG test match, passing ships made the time fly by and my book by Ernle Bradford that I bought last week is engrossing. That's three of his I've read. I even turned the iPod down and listened with one headphone cup not entirely covering the ear

Mercifully, today Monday, normal service is resumed. Thus I was taken shopping and carried it all back.

Then we went to Valletta and sat in the sun in Lower Barrakka Gardens and watched boats go
After lots more sitting in the sun we watched boats come.
After an hour or two in the sun with a few decent boats to watch I felt fully recovered.

Then we came home. Just as well because I'm knackered and need a rest.
And something cooked proper.

No comments: