Saturday, April 20, 2019

Paul. Decemberv14th 2017

Hi all,
Short update today: saw the prof on Monday and was put on a different type of chemo, the same drug just presented differently and formulated specifically for lightweights like me that react to the normal treatment.  Well, today it was administered with no effects at all and one is extremely happy!  Massive answer to prayer so thank you to all who prayed.
One of the differences with this treatment is that it is administered on a 3 weekly cycle rather than weekly, which means I’m not in hospital again until January!!  Hopefully the initial effects of the chemo will have worn off for the 24th/25th but hey, we’ll wait and see about that!
It was good to chat to the consultant on Monday, we asked the question about life expectancy and to be reminded that we’re talking longer than weeks but certainly no longer than months brought it home again that actually what I have is serious, what the following weeks and months will bring won’t, on the whole, be great and we know the outcome isn’t what, in our heart of hearts, we would much prefer.  It also reminds us that the only way to find joy, the only to find peace and contentment as we’re facing this is to keep trusting Jesus, that his plans really are perfect, that his reasons really are bang on, even if we find it hard sometimes.

We’ve been reading Psalms recently, a couple of verses that I just find incredible:
Chapter 34, verse 19:  “The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.”
Chapter 32, verse 8:  “The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you.””
Chapter 4, verses 6-8:  “Many people say, “Who will show us better times?”  Let your face smile on us, Lord.  You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.  In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, will keep me safe.”

Let me say this, I am not and have not been worried about anything that is happening to me.  I lie down and sleep in peace without being anxious or stressed because I know God will keep me safe.  These verses aren’t just token nice phrases, they are truths that mean I really do know God guides me and protects me.  Being a Christian is awesome!
Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers, lovely messages and comments.  I don’t have time to reply to them all (sorry!) but I read all of them and really appreciate them.
Until the next update......
Cheers!
Paul

No comments: