Saturday, January 04, 2014

I've never been here before but I've been down this street .....

The power of the PC has once again been brought home to me, it could equally have been a Mac, and maybe it was but the sheer unconscious mind changing effect of it all is just dawning on me.

I know that our travel plans have been strenuously and meticulously investigated taking almost every evening for the past few months unless she was playing patience all the time. Which is why I know a Mac, or a daughter's iPad can also provide a quite dazzling feat of enlightenment as well.

Wandering from A to B or C or wherever in this place nearly a thousand miles away from home and in which neither of us has ever wandered before I was about to take a wrong turn when my nearest and dearest came out with the line used as the title of this post. She knew the way because she's been all over this place with her good friend Google Earth at street level.

I hadn't been as industrious as her but there's been this "awareness" that nothing's been "unexpected" over the past few days. Our hotel on our first night was right opposite a huge market with a signature dome, diagonally opposite  which was the hotel entrance. I knew this as soon as I got off the bus. I didn't need to look around or ask for directions I just knew.

Our first foray shopping was a case of down here, across there, up this street and there's the supermarket. She knew exactly where to go. Even I knew exactly where the Orange shop was.

Yesteday, wandering past the marina to the harbour I knew what was around the corner. I knew where the boats worth looking at were and how they'd approach the harbour, but I read that in an almanac. Very analogue. Even wandering through the marina I knew where to divert from the roped off walkway to avoid having to scale the wall by the Furuno dealers. Didn't even think about it. It was just "familiar" so familiar, in fact that it didn't strike me as odd. Until now.


In fact, we've had no surprises so far, I don't mean the jump out and hit you surprises it's just that there's a familiarity about this place that's the result of spending wet days wandering about the virtual world because on Google Earth it's always sunny. Even when the weather outside is utter mank. Especially then.

Now we're in the real world and the weather outside has been glorious.

And if we go traveling anywhere in the virtual world here our Pre Paygo 3G data sim will soon leave us stranded.

And that would mean replenishing it or stopping these posts, which I would remind anyone reading that there is absolutely no reason for you to continue doing so.

Unless it's cold, grey, wet and windy outside and you've absolutely nothing better to do.


Oh, and I've found how to upload a photo so here's one from yesterday.

 Grateful for the shade yesterday ..... and today but there's a rumour that tomorrow will be windy.

No comments: