Friday, January 24, 2014

The things John Humphrys never tells you.

Sadly, further inspiration eludes me. After the sunset walk last evening along the beach during which time we walked the whole length of it, paddling frequently and for the duration we were the only ones on it. A simply stunning walk. The colour gradients were more subtle that I think I've ever seen, sadly, as soon as the dark blue became indigo it was time to go in too.

Last evening was cool, so cool in fact that it was the first evening that I've stayed indoors for the glass of red since we got here. I expect tonight will be similar.

Again this morning we were woken by the blaze of sunrise soon followed by the first coffee of another glorious day.

I am getting a bit too hot now, having carried out the pack mule duties with customary efficiency, again, and I think I shall have to get out again very soon and take something cold once I have finished this coffee.

I will finish with a report of the weather lady at 0810 this morning on the English language station, whilst the jogger was out jogging I was conscientiously lying awake waiting to hear it so I could report its content.

Today she said "it is going to be calm with clear skies and the temperature will get into the high teens on the coast. The weekend will be the same but expect the temperatures to rise each day seeing the mid twenties by midweek. The next five days will see the Costa Blanca being the warmest place in mainland Europe."

I rather enjoyed that, far better than John Humphrys on "Today". He's never told me that, even in summer.

No comments: