Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Safe places, where's mine?

Suitcases packed, each less than 20kg complete with all the essential toys. I have enough clothes to protect the important stuff, all chargers, leads and plugs packed. Except one.
This has been a long looked forward to departure from these shores and as one is always trying to make life easier one has spent a while soldering DC plugs to USB cables, thus all iThings, DAB radio, phones and one battery charger can be charged from USB. Rather cleverly, I thought we'd order a foreign mains plug with two USB sockets in it, making life just that bit easier. Well done, Amazon.
It duly arrived and I immediately put it somewhere safe ready to pack.
It is still somewhere safe, along, I expect, with a safely stored CF card reader which I can't find, either.
I have spent the last six hours or more searching to no avail.
The only good thing about this afternoon has been that I have logged into my blog on this very nice iPad and if you can read this it means that I have successfully typed my first missive on it. My daughter has very kindly allowed me to take it with us, under very strict instructions about not putting it in any situation which could cause it to be harmed.
I'm tempted to find a safe place to keep it ..........

No comments: