Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Linguistic misunderstanding

A rather grey day but with surf. I'm unsure whether it was the surf that woke me or the instruction to take a photo of the sunrise, it was too dark, or the request that I make the coffee as it was my turn today. I did and it wasn't.

There was surf though, and prior to departing for milk, bacon y pan I did comment that I expected that the surfer dudes would be along soon although I had yet to see any.  Arriving back lightly laden there were a couple of surfers paddling their boards out for all they were worth, then a few moments in recovery mode to look cool ensued during which time a few ranges of pretty decent waves reared, broke, crashed and washed back.

Over the hour or so that my observations were made not once did I notice either of them actually catch a wave and surf. They got caught frequently and washed ashore but it must be said that with no tidal range to flatten beaches their passage to the shore was rather short.

To their credit they carried on paddling, loitering and getting washed ashore until the time came to stay ashore. I guess that surf in the Mediterranean isn't quite like the Atlantic variety although the surfers seem remarkably similar.

The end of the day was marked by a very brief shower which brought lots out to take photos of it, so rare has any rain been. Of course, it may have been the very intense rainbows that caught their attention as they had mine but even I took a photo of the rain on the prom and the reflections that it generated. Sadly the photos were mostly rubbish.

Now, the reason for venturing forth accepting the risk of rain was that the facial hair could no longer wait for a trip to Jimmy Barber's and as a consequence the skills of a local barber had to be employed. This they were. Now, last time I sat in Jimmy's chair he remarked that my hair was easy, three over the top, two to put a taper at the back, half all over the chin.

I know tres, dos y media but it would appear that I may have got it upside down.
What's more he shaved my neck with a cut throat razor and sprayed scent all over me which was well received in one quarter. At least by the time we get back nature should have taken care of things but I've never come out of a barbers smelling quite so, well, sweet .....

No comments: