Sunday, January 05, 2014

Today we went to Church

A quiet backstreet, waaaay up at the top end of towm, actually not really that far but further than we've been.
Past the tram station.
Almost to the Chocolate factory.
We got there early and a very nice man called Antonio welcomed us and passed us to a lady who spoke Ingles. We were early. They were en preparacio so we went and came back at the right time.

Amusingly her first words were to apologise for the weather which was very cold. Fortunately my wife responded in a very measured way. I just smiled. Every day's been like a very pleasant summer's day, late afternoon being a bit too hot, in fact. Sorry, I mustn't mention the weather.

What a lovely bunch of people.
The songs were on projector and after verse or two we kind of muttered along with the choruses.

It seems to me that with so many words having similar endings it must be so much easier being a poet in Spanish than in English. Especially when the sun shines so warmly. Sorry, I've been advised to not mention the weather. The BBC website says it's not good in US or UK.  For what it's worth we both had to put on a fleece walking there as it was only 14C but on the way back it meant an extra burden to carry as a few more Cs had been added to Le Farmacias sign.

I hear that the TMS team have a few extra days off to spend on Bondi Beach as well. Which proves that just because the sun shines it doesn't mean that it's all good.

Anyway, I digress. Back to Church as I'm sure we will. We never understood un palabra but a young lady, the spitting image of a neice who's named after a beach, sat behind us and translated perfectly. She even laughed and sounded like her lookalike making it very difficult to resist turning round and saying something. I trust that she's grateful that I didn't. I assume her transaltion was perfect as I've no real way of knowing but she was clever enough to leave out the local, personal stuff and
ensure that we got the gist of it. She's off back to Madrid this week so we're gateful for the Spanish holidays.

I gather that tonight the Christmas decorations come down and all the sanity Clauses hanging from nealy every balcony finally loosen their grip and disappear.

To continue. As usual after Church I made coffee except today was too hot so I made lunch and poured my wife a cold, sugary, fizzy drink and took it to her on the balcony where she was comfortably esconced leaving very little room for me.

A little later we wandered along the prom, across The Wharf and down the quay. It is like a home from home this place. Except for the weather which I won't mention. I will mention the fact that having already proved that a fleece was too much why anyone would end up carrying not only a fleece but a cardigan as well is beyond me. I was regretting not having donned the shorts but we're off out for the Festival Parade tonight and changing three times ina day is far too exhausting in this heat. Which I won't mention.

And tomorrow is a Holiday Nationale, I think that's a bank holiday. Another lie in, then.
Just to show that I did the Sunday Lunch I took a photo of it and I would point out that this was not done with an iPhone it was done with the G12 and the subject matter carefully arranged so that you could see how little room on the balcony I was left with. I did the washing up, too.

No comments: